Usable Insight – The New Happiest Place on Earth
The Happiest and Most Collaborative Place on Earth…Coming Soon to an Apple Store Near You
I think the Apple Store may have replaced Disneyland as the happiest –and possibly the most helpful –place on Earth.
I mean that sincerely. Have you been to an Apple Store? If you have, you might have noticed the following:
- Employees come from a wide range of ethnic and probably religious backgrounds
- Employees seem pretty evenly composed of men and women
- Employees are excited to be there
- Employees are enthused about helping customers
- Employees’ attention to detail regarding customer concerns and anxieties is off the charts
- Employees collaborate proactively both asking and offering help to each other
- Managers empower and believe in their subordinates
- Customers appear to feel generally relieved of their concerns and anxieties and genuinely grateful to the employees
- Customer gratitude appears to cross over seamlessly to wanting to buy things
- Negativity, whining and complaining by employees appears alien to the Apple Store culture
Now my guess is that those employees come from homes, relationships, financial concerns that may not be so positive, but the Apple Store is possibly the best part of their lives (because of the bullet points above).
If we were to rate the Apple Store culture as the “gold standard” and a 10 for positivity, helpfulness, attention to customer concerns, collaboration and happiness at work and if we were to agree that such a culture directly leads to increased customer satisfaction and sales, how would you rate your company on a 1 to 10 scale?
If you could transform your company into the Apple Store, what would it mean to the performance and productivity of your people and how that might translate into greater revenue and your company attracting the very best people to joining it?
If you were to answer, “An inestimable increase in all of those,” then come up with a program to deliver the bullets outlined above. Or if you want to find out more about our proprietary Positive Collaborative Transformation and scalable program that delivers those outcomes, contact us at: email@example.com to find out more.