Usable Insight – Make Your Relationship Happy this New Year
Relationships end not because you stop loving each other,
but because you stop liking each other.
- Mark Goulston, M.D.
How often do you and your partner put a smile on each other’s face that touched each other’s heart? If that happens almost always, congratulations, go out in the world and serve as a role model and beacon of hope to other less happy couples. If that doesn’t happen take the following quiz and then learn how to bring it back.
Check how much the following statements apply to how you think or feel about enjoyment in your relationship:
Hardly Ever (0) Sometimes (1) Almost Always(2)
1. I usually smile when I think about my partner. ____ ____ ____
2. I look forward to seeing my partner at the end of the day. ____ ____ ____
3. My partner looks forward to seeing me at the end of the day. ____ ____ ____
4. We enjoy each other’s company when by ourselves. ____ ____ ____
5. I’m happy to do things that my partner enjoys more than I do. ____ ____ ____
6. My partner is happy to do things I enjoy more than he/she does. ____ ____ ____
7. I would rather have lunch with my partner than anyone else. ____ ____ ____
8. My partner would rather have lunch with me than anyone else. ____ ____ ____
9. I make my partner laugh. ____ ____ ____
10. My partner makes me laugh. ____ ____ ____
TOTAL: ______ (0 – 20)
© 2012 Mark Goulston – from The 6 Secrets of a Lasting Relationship (Perigee, $15.95)
To find out what your scoring means and how to use this quiz with your partner to bring back liking (and adoring) each other that you once felt contact email@example.com.
And… if you like each other, but your sex life is kaput check out: Are You More Roommates than Lovers?